Popular Posts

Coachella x SXSW x Bonaroo x Lilith Fair

Ah, Springtime is upon us! With that being said, so many music festivals are coming closer in date. Last week the 2010 line-up for Coachella was announced. (Coachella- the big music festival of the desert.) I've never been to Coachella but I'm contemplating going as I'm still attempting to soak up Cali culture. Jay-Z is headlining- I think I would have been excited for that in 2003. Last year was my first visit to SXSW in Austin, TX and it was pretty awesome. I wish I actually got to see the Afro-Punk showcase however. This year, the line-up seems pretty mundane but I see names are being constantly added so who knows, it might turn out to be FAWESOME. Check out the SXSW line-up here Bonaroo- still waiting on their line-up The Lilith Fair- this takes me back to childhood feminism that I somehow obtained from the Spice Girls, Fiona Apple, Lauryn Hill and Sarah McClahan Can we take a moment and gasp at the beauty of this video? ...I always wanted to go to the concerts to belt out Shania Twain's "Still the One" when I was only 8 but my family wasn't that cool. However I will be living the dream when I attend this year! The line-up has just about everything I want from Erykah Badu, Janelle Monae, Metric, Teagan and Sarah, St.Vincent, Jill Scott, Sheryl Crow...i could go on but you can see the rest of the line-up here. Any of you guys planning to go to these musical bundles of joy this year?
You may also like:

6 comments

  1. Not only a beautiful video, but what a beautiful song. Fiona always knew how to grasp onto all sides of love, dark and light. What an incredible voice, too!
    Speaking of Erykah also, a friend of mine is booking onto the Western leg of her tour, and it appears I'll be appearing as the guitar player for that. SOOO excited! I love Erykah Badu so much! What a gorgeous soul, and her songs are nothing short of amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to weasel my way in this year. I need to go at least once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @BlackInternational Thats a sweet gig with Ms.Badu herself!
    @Inny which festival?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to Coachella in 2006, it was the best festival I ever been to. Even the ride from LA to the desert was beautiful, not to mention the houses we rented in Joshua Tree. Weather was great and I'll never forget the sun set during Daft Punk's show :D The whole week end was awesome, I strongly recommend Coachella festival!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks awesome. vampire weekend and DEVO! i love devo! lol but it pretty much resembles the lollapalooza 2009 lineup. i saw santogold and tool there last year. and i was FRONT ROW to see santi. highlight of the year, no doubt. she freaking rocks. :)

    ReplyDelete

© MISSRIOT. Design by MangoBlogs.