Popular Posts

American Beauty



I love sharing great movies and music whenever they come across my path. I saw Alan Ball's "Towelhead" on Saturday and absolutely loved the film. I know the film title is provocative but it's based on the actual book, "Towelhead" written by Alicia Erian Photobucket


Alan Ball wrote the screenplay for "American Beauty" and directed HBO's "True Blood" along with "Six Feet Under." The film opens when 13-year-old Jasira's mother's boyfriend inappropriately volunteers to shave her legs against the wishes of her mother. After which, her mother wrongly sides with the boyfriend and sends her daughter to live with her father in Houston. The film covers a lot of issues regarding racism, sexism and I don't want to give too much away but it's a great movie.

The movie is said to be a dark comedy, but it kind of just comes across as dark. It does maintain some lighter elements as well.

 Check out the trailer for yourself.

 
Towelhead- Official Trailer from mmgroup on Vimeo.
You may also like:

3 comments

  1. omggg. I wanna see that now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey good taste in movies..I got the chance to see this last year, and yes it was really good..If you're up for it..I could suggest a lot more indie/documentaries, that I think you would really enjoy..let me know..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this movie! I'm also from Houston (and hopefully making the move to LA soon) and it didn't look that familiar. Do you know if it was filmed here or just set here?

    Happy belated birthday also :)

    ReplyDelete

© MISSRIOT. Design by MangoBlogs.