Popular Posts

Miss 3rd Ward










Here I am standing in what used to be my childhood. My elementary school in the heart of 3rd ward was demolished and all that is left is a shotty gravel driveway and grassy land. 

It was just 15 years ago, when I roamed the halls quoting the Clueless TV show on UPN and wondering why we could never see the "mystery pool" that lie in the attic above the stage in the cafeteria. Not saying I miss rectangle pizza and chicken fried steak day, but I kind of do. I remember when someone stole my nano pet and the kid who everyday would steal fruit roll up out of my lunch kit in the 2nd grade. You suck, dude. I also remember the awesome pizza parties and nacho's my 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Chevalier would make. No one has topped that woman's nachos! NO ONE! 

I also remember always getting in trouble and being put in the corner because I talked too much. How  is that a crime, ya'll? There was this one time my class was playing charades and the song I wanted them to guess was Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn" and no one got it cause...well, no one else in the entire school listened to soft rock. But we all loved, Selena! There was also one time my 5th grade teach, Mrs. Cannon put out my classmate for farting. It was the scariest, most hilarious thing ever. 

Anyway, I'm recanting all this to say: Good bye, Lockhart. I loved you. 

I think the Spice Girls put it best. "Viva Forever."


You may also like:

Post a Comment

© MISSRIOT. Design by MangoBlogs.