Popular Posts

Bring It On Halloween!

rinny bring it on clovers costume

rinny-bring-it-on-clovers-costume-211

rinny bring it on clovers costume 8

rinny bring it on clovers costume 3


rinny bring it on clovers costume 5

rinny bring it on clovers costume 7

By now, you should've figured out that Halloween is something I take pretty seriously. I've actually been planning this costume for a little over a year but couldn't get it made in time. (Yes, that means the Goodburger costume was 2nd choice to this.)

Bring It On! was such an important movie for me growing up. Since I did cheerleading for a good chunk of my grade school career, it was quoted like bible verses amongst everyone on every single  squad I've ever been on.

So I had a East Compton Clovers cheer uniform custom-made for the occasion. I originally was trying to buy the official wardrobe from the film but had a hard time tracking it down.

I really loved Natina Reed's (RIP) character "Jenelope" even though everyone kept calling me "Isis"/Gabrielle Union.

"You've been touched by an angel, girl!"

Just wanted to rep for the cool black girls that do cool things that often go overlooked. The Toros stealing the East Compton Clovers cheer routines is a prime example of cultural appropriation at its finest.

"Tried to steal our bit, but you look like shit when we're the ones who were down with it!"

Go Clovers! Go Clovers! Go Go Go Clovers!

Sidenote: I have no clue how I can top this for next year but we'll see.


Dance break cause the soundtrack was essentially the shit!:


You may also like:

29 comments

  1. I had to do a double take! love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg pleassseeee tell me how/who made this uniform for you!

      Delete
  2. This is amazing. Where did you get this made?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is amazing! im looking for a clover costume for a birthday themed party- i would seriously consider buying yours if you are looking to resell- please let me know!! (premade one is sold out on ebay :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. @anonymous I got it made through Cheer Co.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much did it cost ? And do you have a link for the site

    ReplyDelete
  6. So bomb!! Are you interested in selling this?! Id love to get this for my daughter for Halloween this year. Please comment and let me know I'm extremely interested!

    -Mikaelyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pleas help! I really want this costume this year! Are you willing to sell or can you let me know info on how to get it??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you customize this on the website or what?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Which cheer company did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete
  10. where did you get your cheer outfit from? really tryna buy me a pair

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am interested in buying or having this cheer uniform made for a themed practice at my daughters cheerleading studio. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can you or anyone point me to the right direction as to get this cheer uniform made or bought? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are you willing to sell? Name your price. Please email me at kairahr@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. where can I go to get this made. please email me back, samaria2bruce@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where did you get this made?

    ReplyDelete
  17. What's the link for the custom cheer uniform shop?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Where can I go to get this made??? I've been wanting to be a Clovers cheerleader for years! It's so hard to find out where. Please let me know at mgaqua01@gmail.com or meg_astar my Insta

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi am can you contact me ASAP please I have been trying to do this costume for senior costume day and I am the only one in the whole school who has thought of this idea and can you contact me at Cheyanne.owens0916@gmail.com of where you got it made and how much it cost I really wanna do this

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This costume is amazing. I am also someone who takes Halloween seriously, and you have taken the cake for costumes. Probably of all time. Hands down. Omg I'm so proud of you and I don't even know you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. please let me know if i can buy this off of you
    amanimilan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Where did you get this made from? eaa2123@gmail.com, I hope to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would really love to have this costume for Halloween next year! Please e-mail me where I can buy it! @maryalex167@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete

© MISSRIOT. Design by MangoBlogs.